Wednesday, October 27, 2010

"Left and Right Brain Theory": What I understand about it?

The last day's discussion in English116 was indeed impressive, compressive and hilarious. The discussant had done their part of sharing comprehensible inputs on us. What had caught most of our attention and interest was the topic, "Left and Right brain theory". As I said, the discussion had been exciting and revealing. Everyone was eager to know which side they belong.
When I was in elementary and high school, I encountered tests which will determine if where on the two groups do I belong. Actually, I surpassed three different types of tests and the results all stated that I am neutral. This means that I used both sides of the brain most of the time.That time I can't really prove to myself that it was true.
This theory of the structure and functions of the mind suggests that the two different sides of the brain control two different “modes” of thinking. It also suggests that each of us prefers one mode over the other. The left hemisphere of the brain is responsible for logic. The left hemisphere also contains the language center, interprets patterns and is detail-oriented.The left hemisphere of the brain is responsible for logic. The left hemisphere also contains the language center, interprets patterns and is detail-oriented.The left hemisphere of the brain is responsible for logic. The left hemisphere also contains the language center, interprets patterns and is detail-oriented.The right hemisphere of the brain is responsible for emotions. The right hemisphere is spatially oriented and searches for meaning. It is also is the center controlling music, art and kinesthetic abilities.Based on the informations I had learned during the discussion and on the experiences I have, I can say that it was really both sides.

No comments:

Post a Comment