Saturday, September 12, 2009

A STUDENT-TRAINOR

It's one of my greatest achievements I ever had!
Sir Almelor approached me last time if I could share my Bicol song collections to his students of ICT for the forthcoming Literary Contest during Intramural. Since I did not comprise myself to any games/sports, I immediately accepted his offer without any hesitation. I've handled 2 girls and 2 boys for my co-CPAG member for the vocal solo event. I felt good because they easily got the song 'though they only spent practicing for a short period of time. I did not find it hard teaching them because this is actually what I want-I enjoyed doing it!
Before the contest proper came, we had our final rehearsal together with a guitarist and it was good. I was at ease because they can sing well and they can project, too. Surprisingly, when they were on the stage, because of their nervousness and the first time maybe to sing in front of so many people, they forgot the lines and started to sing out of tune but the good thing was, they still continue to project well as if they did not make any mistakes. At the end, I was so proud because they got the 2nd and 3rd place out of 5 contestants. I'm not just proud of myself but also of them.

_ricarix_

No comments:

Post a Comment