Tuesday, August 4, 2009

EXPERIENCE OF A YOUTH

I am an ordinary person with full of dreams and ambitions in life like many other youths. I want to serve my countrymen even in a small simple way that’s why I ran as an SK Councilor in our community. I was fortunate that I won and I got the second place out of the 7 slots aspiring to be one of it. I felt happy and lucky because even though that I’ve no relatives to vote me but still I got the position.
As expected, the more you are popular, the more you are critic by the people around you. As others say, “you cannot please everybody”. I’ve also encountered trials between me and my SK Chairman. A year ago that we had our misunderstanding after the seminar of DILG (ISKOLAR-BOS). I went to our Brgy. Captain’s residence to settle our problem (bad issue). Everytime that I went outside to buy something, some people called me “SK Chairman” (it’s a kind of insulting on my part) and there were some people (her siblings) who texted me in a bad and unrighteous words. I confessed all these things to the Brgy. Captain and to my SK Chairman for her to let know. After the pleasant talk and advices given by the Brgy. Captain, we reconciled each other.
However, in an unexpected occurrence, we had again our misunderstanding. The issue is about my signature. What was happened was I did not sign the letter of resolution because of my valid reason. I’m not against on the project stated because it is for the benefits of the children but I just only want a proper and legitimate process. According to the resolution, we had agreed the said project last June 28, 2009 in which we have no meetings yet starting this January. How did it happen? As far as I know, writing a resolution was discussed during the said seminar. Someone texted me for a second time around in an unmannered way just this week. I felt bad because all I want is to have a fair and clean discussion.
In my reflection, it’s very hard to deal with other people who can’t and doesn’t understand you. It’s just like telling the truth/ teaching what is right but ignores you because they have their own decision and doesn’t accept their mistakes.

_ricarix_

No comments:

Post a Comment